Follow Me! Pretty Please?

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Memorium

I missed yesterday due to the fact that I was exhausted when I got back from work on Friday night, and didn't watch the movie ahead of time, and worked about 11 hours yesterday.  Hopefully, I will be back to normal blogging at some point today or tomorrow.  In the meantime, Happy Memorial Day, and thanks to all who served and have given their lives...


For those of you who are not history geeks like me, these 5 guys are the Sullivan Brothers.  They were all on the USS Juneau, which was attacked November of 1943.  Only 10 out of over 800 servicemen survived.  None of them were from the Sullivan family.  This is the reason why the military is hesitant to station siblings together.  There was a movie made in 1945 called The Fighting Sullivans.  I highly recommend you check it out.  I only saw it once when I was, like, 10, but the story still sticks with me. (Guess this counts as an entry since I recommended a movie to y'all...)

No comments:

Post a Comment